Killer Nashville International Writers’ Conference
The Killer Nashville International Writers’ Conference was created in 2006 by author/filmmaker Clay Stafford in an effort to bring together forensic experts, writers, and fans of crime and thriller literature.
Our objective is simple: to educate and empower aspiring and established writers, and connect them with other industry professionals. We pride ourselves on our intense, intimate workshops and panels, and on our close-knit community of writers.
At the conference, we try diligently to ensure that the weekend has something for every writer and lover of literature, and our sessions are structured to assist writers on multiple career levels. Our learning tracks tackle the craft of writing, business of writing, marketing, and forensics.
Killer Nashville features nine breakout sessions for intense smaller group interaction, an authors’ bar (free for hotel guests), a moonshine and wine tasting, free agent/editor roundtable pitch sessions, a mock crime scene designed by special agents and other law enforcement professionals, cocktail receptions, the Guest of Honor Dinner and Awards Banquet, film previews, live music performances and—of course—all the great activities one can enjoy in downtown Nashville.
Because of our success (and generous people like you), we’ve been able to give back to the community and help others. Since Killer Nashville’s creation in 2006, we have:
- Supported literacy groups that specialize in improving adult literacy rates
- Donated books and endowment funds to various libraries in need
- Coordinated authors in schools programs
- Granted basic supplies to local schools in need
- Contributed money to help build a library in Malawi, Africa
- Provided Killer Nashville scholarships for high school students and adults who are thinking of changing the world with their own voices, but do not have the funds or opportunities to explore that dream
We thank you for supporting us in our efforts to inspire and encourage a new generation of writers. If you would like to become a sponsor or pledge a donation, please go to our Support page or our Charity and Donations page.
P.O. Box 680759
Franklin, TN 37068-0759
To contact us directly by email use the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Killer Nashville Book of the Day
We are happy to consider all submissions to the Killer Nashville Book of the Day program. If you’d like to suggest a title for review, please email us at email@example.com. We only accept digital formats or e-galleys, and we prefer to review titles that have not passed their publication date.
By submitting photos or information to Killer Nashville and any of its subsidies, parent company, assigns, or publications, you are agreeing:
- You own all rights and/or the work is in the public domain (and is stated as such).
- By submitting, you give Killer Nashville and its parent company American Blackguard, Inc. the irrevocable right to use, or allow to be used, the work indefinitely in any multiple form or format and without limitation, but with attribution to you.
- Compensation, if any, has been agreed upon prior to submitting work
- The collected works on the website or in any product will be copyrighted by American Blackguard Inc., or Killer Nashville, or their assigns as a collection, but you retain all rights to submitted items and may sell or reprint them after 1 year of first publication by Killer Nashville. You are not transferring the copyright of your material.
- You warrant and indemnify Killer Nashville, American Blackguard, Inc., and their staff members against any breach of the above understanding, including any legal or court fees and/or fines for damages of misrepresentation of ownership and originality.
- Unless additional terms are agreed to in writing prior to submission, these are the full terms.
By participating in any offering by Killer Nashville (i.e., conference, contest, catalog show, etc.), you agree you have read and understand everything contained herein.